Monday, December 6, 2010

The paper that owns us.

I wish money wasn't such an obstacle. I wish these pieces of paper didn't mean so much, and it means the most to those who don't have it. I don't want you to be homeless or without food or warm clothes. I don't want you to lose your hopes and your dreams for lack of these bits of paper.

If I had lots and lots of money, I'd buy us a big house where we all could live, safe and warm. We'd never go hungry or be scared or cold or trapped.

I'm wishing on stars for all of us.

1 comment:

  1. I definitely agree. I think it's absurd that there is such a split between classes. Granted, some people have just worked above and beyond hard and definitely deserve it. But these athletes and movie stars that get paid billions to do little more than play around are just ridiculous, and deserve less money than those who work 50 hard hours a week at a factory, just so that their families can eat.

    I wish we could go back to a time where there was no money. where we simply traded things. One person would grow veggies, and another would make clothes, and then they'd just trade their products. As long as you were willing to work, you could survive.

    Too bad everything is all capitalistic now.

    ReplyDelete